The competitive 10 & Unders is for 8-10 year-olds who are interested in competing in about 1 meet per month from September-March. These swimmers will be placed on the “competitive track” which focuses on making all strokes legally sound and as well as the skills that are necessary to compete in swim meets. Swimmers on this team must be approved or invited into this group.
The 10 & Unders team is led by head coach Claire O’Reiley. This team is for swimmers learning to love the sport, building a strong base both physically and mentally, and working towards the long-term development of the athlete and becoming a Junior Team member.
The 10 & Unders will have the opportunity to train alongside the Junior Team on Saturday mornings as part of their preparation for moving up.
- Note: Swimmers who will be 11 years old before January 2017 should be registered with the Junior team.
- Note:10 & Under swimmers who have a sibling on the Junior team may register for the Junior team. However, they are required to pay the Junior team fees.
- Questions should be directed to Coach Brian Hansbury.
This group focuses on:
- Mastering endurance in all 4 strokes
- Learning how to use the pace clock to do “sets” on a certain time during practices
- Mastering drills in all 4 strokes to further improve technique
- Mastering flip-turns and stroke turns for each stroke as well as IM transitions
- Properly preparing the swimmers to move-up to the Junior Team
2016-17 Season Dates
The 2016-17 season will last approximately 10 months with an official season start date of September 7, 2016 with an end date in June TBD.
For those who want to continue swimming with Badger during the summer months, a summer program will be available to those swimmers. Details will be provided during Spring 2017.
10 & Unders Schedule
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 5:30- 7:30pm
- Sunday – Time TBD
New Rochelle HS Pool
- Saturday 8:00-10:00am
Requirements & Responsibilities
All 10 & Under Team members have a minimum requirement of 3 practices per week.
- Water Bottle
- Swimming Equipment
At this level of training, it is each swimmers responsibility to bring their workout equipment with with them to each practice. All equipment should be labelled with swimmers name.
Equipment List includes:
Tens will this equipment each day. Label with swimmers name, when items show different options, get creative and let swimmer choose colors and or designs. Some Flare and individualism never hurt!!
- Mesh Bags
- Pull Buoy – Single Foam Piece
- Ankle Strap
- Short Fins – Speedo, TYR, Arena, Finis all ok – No Long Blade Fins
- Kick Board – Speedo Training Kick Board or Similar
2016-17 Season FeesView 2016-17 10U Team Fees
All questions about Competitive Swimming should be directed to Coach Brian Hansbury.