The competitive 8 & Unders group is for 6-8 year-olds who wish to compete in meets from September-March. These swimmers will be placed on the “competitive track” which focuses on making all strokes technically legal, as well as starts, turns, stroke transitions and building speed. A tryout, prior placement, or coaches permission is required for this group.
These swimmers will have the opportunity to compete in approximately one swim meet per month.
With the exception of Saturdays, the 8 & Under Swimmers will train alongside the 10 & Under group with the goal of a comfortable transition when moving up.
This group focuses on:
- Mastering all 4 strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly)
- Introduction of flip turns and proper finishing techniques
- Drills done with teaching tools such as: flippers, kickboards, noodles, etc.
- Mastering proper diving techniques for all 4 strokes
- Endurance work in all 4 strokes
2016-17 Season Dates
The 2016-17 season will last approximately 10 months with an official season start date of September 7, 2016 with an end date in June TBD.
For those who want to continue swimming with Badger during the summer months, a summer program will be available to those swimmers. Details will be provided during Spring 2017.
8 & Unders Schedule
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 5:30- 7:00pm
- Saturday 7:30-9:00am
Requirements & Responsibilities
All 8 & Under Team members have a minimum requirement of 2 practices per week.
2016-17 Season FeesView 8U 2016-17 Fees
All questions about Competitive Swimming should be directed to Coach Brian Hansbury.