Badger Swim Club is a USA swimming Silver Medal Club, and one of the oldest club teams in America. Badger is proud of our history, reputation and our sporting ability. We expect high standards and behavior from all people involved in all aspects of swimming, and it is vital the integrity of sport is maintained. At every level of sport, the principles of fairness, respect, responsibility and safety should be maintained.
Badger Swim Club is, at all levels, committed to upholding the principles of:
Operating within the spirit of the rules, never taking an unfair advantage and making informed and honorable decisions at all times.
Recognizing the contribution that people make to sport, treating them with dignity and consideration, as well as caring for the property and equipment they use.
Taking responsibility for one’s actions and being a positive role model at all times.
Encouraging healthy and safe procedures, preventing and reporting dangerous behavior, while demonstrating concern for others.
Working hard to achieve the highest level of athleticism you can each and every day.
General codes of conduct
Badger Swim Club promotes the following codes of conduct to all people involved in any way with the sport of swimming, particularly those responsible for activities involving members under the age of 18 years. These codes of conduct highlight the principles and values of Badger Swim Club and are the core principles of the Member Welfare and Child Welfare policies.
As a person involved in any way with the sport of swimming, the following standard of behavior is expected:
- Be aware of USA Swimming’s standards, rules and policies.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for your actions.
- Operate within the rules and spirit of the sport, including the national and international guidelines that govern USA Swimming.
- Any form of abuse, harassment, or discrimination towards others will not be tolerated.
- Provide a safe environment for the conduct of activities in accordance with any relevant USA Swimming policy.
- Be a positive role model.
Parents Code of Conduct
As parents, it is absolutely essential that we give our coaching staff the respect and authority they deserve to run our swim teams. Our coaches are hired for that purpose and the Head Coach oversees the direction of the staff. We expect our parents to demonstrate good sportsmanship during all practices, competitions and team activities. We expect our parents to promote good sportsmanship by setting an example and by helping others to do likewise. We expect our parents to celebrate wins gracefully, lose graciously, and congratulate opponents either way.
- Parents are asked to encourage your child to participate in the sport for their individual enjoyment, personal satisfaction, and improvement.
- Parents are asked to focus on your child’s effort and performance, rather than winning or losing.
- Parents are asked to encourage your child to abide by the rules and accept judgements made by officials.
- Parents are asked to never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or performing below expectation.
- Parents are asked to be an example to your child and others. Appreciate good performances by all participants.
- Parents are asked to support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from the sporting environment.
- Parents are asked to show appreciation and respect for all people involved in your child’s swimming.
- Parents are asked to respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants, regardless of their gender, ability, ethnicity, cultural background or religion.
Swimmers Code of Conduct
As a member of the Badger Swim Club (BSC), we believe in teamwork, integrity, respect and good sportsmanship.
Any athlete participating with/for the Badger Swim Club (BSC) agrees to abide by the guidelines outlined below in addition to those established by the staff:
- Understand and follow the rules of USA Swimming at all times.
- Make every team practice, meet participation and activity an opportunity to learn.
- Swimmers are expected to remember that at practice, during swim meets, team activities and in public they are representing Badger Swim Club. They should represent BSC with excellence, respect, team spirit, good sportsmanship, and politeness.
- Swimmers are expected to follow the directions and show respect, common courtesies and good sportsmanship at all times to the team members, coaches, staff, competitors, officials, parents and for all facilities and other property used during practices, competitions and team activities. Disrespect or failure to obey instructions will not be tolerated from any athlete.
- Swimmers should be punctual and arrive on time for all practices and meets and team events. Pool time is very valuable.
- Give your best at all times.
- Never argue with an official. Use the appropriate rules and guidelines to resolve a dispute.
- Control your temper. Verbal or physical abuse is not acceptable.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team.
- Treat all swimming participants, as you would like to be treated.
- Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coaches, teammates, opponents, management, event staff and officials.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefitt, not to satisfy the expectations of others.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, ethnicity, cultural background or religion.
- Dishonestly, theft, and/or vandalism will not be tolerated.
- There shall be no drinking of alcohol or use of tobacco products or illegal drugs or any substances banned by USA Swimming
- Swimmers are expected to respect each other. Fighting, bullying, intentional touching or striking another athlete will subject the swimmer to the most severe discipline.
- When wearing Badger branded garments, you are expected to represent yourself according to this Code of Conduct. You are an ambassador of the organization.
Be a good sport. Applaud good performances whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
Failure to uphold the Code of Conduct:
Failure to uphold the Code of Conduct:
Badger Swim club is a zero tolerance organization. The coaches and leadership staff have the authority to impose penalties for violation of the Badger Swim Club Code of Conduct. The penalties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Swimmer will be given a verbal warning.
- Swimmer will need to be accompanied by a parent at practice for a time determined by the coach.
- Swimmer will be suspended from practice for a time determined by the coach. (fees will not be refunded.)
- Swimmer will be permanently removed from the Badger Swim Team.