The goal of the Senior Team is to further the transition of competitive swimmers ages 13 and up into national caliber athletes. In order to qualify to be a member of this team, swimmers must possess sufficient physical and mental strength and show promise and dedication to the sport of swimming. The team trains a minimum of seven times per week.
Swimmers need to embody the qualities of commitment, perseverance, and consistent training. Swimmers need to exhibit the ability to take ownership of their own swimming. Senior Team Swimmers must be accepted to this team based on performance and dedication.
In order to offer a program that is as convenient as possible to swimmers, both north and south of Westchester County, the Senior program will be offered in two locations, three days out of seven. Programming will be the same at both locations with modifications when appropriate. On these split days, Dominick Galimi will coach practices that take place at Manhattanville, while John will coach practices that take place at Lehman College.
The Badger Senior Team is led by accomplished swim coach, John Collins Jr. Coaches Dominick Galimi, who has been working alongside John for more than 16 years, and Ryan Feeley, an active and Nationally ranked Badger swimmer himself.
2017-18 Season Dates
The Senior Team practices 12 months a year and as close to 365 days a year as possible.
Senior Team Schedule
- 2-3 Weekday Morning Practices at Hommocks Pool. Days and Times TBA
- Monday 5:30-7:30pm at Lehman College & Manhattanville College
- Tuesday 5:30-7:30pm All to Lehman College
- Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm at Lehman College & Manhattanville College
- Thursday 5:30-7:30pm at Lehman College & Manhattanville College
- Friday 5:30-7:30pm or 6:00-8:00pm All to Lehman College or Hommocks Pool
- Saturday 8:00-10:00am All to Lehman College or Hommocks Pool
- Sunday 8:00-10:00am All to Lehman College or Hommocks Pool
2017-18 Fees and Registration COMING SOON!
Good Luck to The 2016-17 Badger Senior Swim Team